Is Coffee a Health Drink?
Coffee can be a health drink if taken in moderation. Normally, it is considered otherwise, but there are several benefits that it can provide for better health. Current research highlights that coffee if taken moderately can be beneficial. Excessive drinking is not advisable. Coffee lovers can now enjoy their cup of coffee without having to worry so much of it being a “negative” drink.
How is Coffee A Health Drink?
- Risk of Type 2 Diabetes is lower among regular coffee drinkers
- Coffee can reduce the risk of developing gall stones
- It discourages the onset of colon cancer
- Cognitive function is improved
- Reduces the risk of liver damage among people who run a high risk of liver disease
- Reduces the occurrence of Parkinson’s disease
- One will stay more alert, particularly if you are fighting sleep deprivation
- It can lift moods
- Helps in relieving headaches
- Those who smoke and are heavy drinkers have less heart disease and liver damage if they consume regularly large amounts of coffee
- Helps in managing asthma attacks
- Prevents cavities
- Boost concentration
- Caffeine stimulates the brain and the nervous system to do things differently
- Coffee-drinking children may do better at school tests as they stay awake
- Fewer deaths due to heart disease or inflammatory diseases which are non-cancerous among postmenopausal women
- Coffee contains antioxidants which can prevent heart diseases and inflammation
Coffee apart from being a tasty beverage is beneficial for health too. Several diseases can be prevented. Psychologically also it boosts you up. Mentally you are more alert. If taken in excess it may have negative effects. But one cannot overlook its positive effects.